The work consisted of inspecting the structure , mechanical components and evaluating the load-bearing capacity of the bridge. Following the inspections, we identified the work needed to be done as a priority and produced the drawing and technical specifications to repair the mechanical and the structural section in compliance with the current seismic standards (S6-06) and the CNB.
- Complete inspection of the mechanical components of the bridge, the electrical system and the structure;
- Complete analysis of the foundations, the tower, the mechanics and the pivots;
- Detailed Gear inspection;
- Characterization of the concrete substructure of the tower and the mechanical section;
- Bridge load capacity assessment;
- Evaluation of bridge design loads;
- Analysis of the modifications needed to bring the bridge up to modern standards (wind, earthquake);
- Modification of the current mechanics and replacement of the transmission shafts for a direct motorization on each rack of both sides of the bridge;
- Modification of the control and power system;
- Modification / repair of the base support tower;
- Modification to the bridge locking device system;
- Site supervision;
- Sub-contractor supervision.
Due to space limitations to bring a crane of sufficient capacity on site, a method of moving the doors on rails was developed at GENIFAB to allow the replacement of the ball joints.
- Doors of 75 tons each
- Work done in winter period